In order to apply for F-1 student visa from abroad a potential student should do the following:

  1. Fill out the application form (you can request it by fax, post mail, e-mail as a Adobe Acrobat Reader file attachment, or download it at our website, register for the chosen program, and choose your payment plan. After that we will send you our invoice.
  2. Make a payment according to the invoice we sent you for the following application expenses (all non-refundable fees):

    Registration fee $100 (non-refundable)
    Processing fee – $150 (non-refundable)
    Bank fee – $35 (non-refundable)
    USPS Express mailing fee – $95 (non-refundable)
    (Please, be advised, that sometimes we use DHL service to ship your documents as this service works better. In this case the price will be $130 (non-refundable)

3. You can make your payment via PayPal form below:

Choose documents delivery speed
Enter full Student’s name (En)


4. Provide copies of statements of your financial support. You can either fax them, or send as scanned images to, or mail them to the school’s address. These documents are required by US Immigration and Naturalization Service from the school to issue an I-20 form. You can use one of three possible ways of stating your financial support.

  • Submit an original statement from your bank account.
  • If you have an American resident or citizen as your sponsor, have him or her fill out affidavit of support (I-134 form) and submit his or her bank statement.
  • If you have a sponsor who resides in your country, have your sponsor write a sponsorship letter (in English) and submit his or her bank statement. In the sponsorship letter your sponsor should clearly state that he or she will cover all your tuition, and living and medical expenses.

 5. You may either:

Approximate financial breakdown

Please note that in every case your available funds should be:

  • Approximately $1900 per month of your intended study
  • For instance, if you intend to study 6 months, your balance should be no less than $12 000
  • Or for instance, if you intend to study 12 months, your balance should be no less than $19,000-20,000

Make a copy of the first page of your international travel passport. You can either fax these documents to 718-998-0602, or send as scanned images to, or mail them to the school’s address (Remember you will have to show the originals of these documents in a US consulate!):

Bell Language School
1535 McDonald Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11230

After having received these documents, we will send you a visa package with the following documents: I-20 student form, receipt of payment, and instructions. With this visa package and your current valid travel passport you can apply for F-1 student visa at the US embassy or consulate in your area. The decision whether or not to issue a student visa is a sole responsibility of US consular officers. Bell Language school bears no responsibility for success of your visa application.

SEVIS fee $350 (US Department Homeland fee) should be paid before going to your embassy interview. Make sure to bring SEVIS receipt with you to the interview. Please find the instruction on how to pay this fee on our webpage (SEVIS FEE INSTRUCTIONS)

In case of visa denial please contact Bell Language School immediately. Refunds are made within 30 days. Please note that the registration fee ($100), USPS express mailing fee ($95), processing fee ($150), and bank fee ($35) are not refundable. There is no refund of tuition if the US embassy or consulate issues a student visa to the student, but he or she does not start attending classes at Bell Language School. All F-1 Students must complete their initial program that they registered for to be eligible for a transfer to another school. For our complete refund policy, please click here.