It takes 24 to 48 hours for you to get a written response from our Admissions Office about your acceptance. If you are applying for a Student Visa from abroad, as soon as you are able to provide us with all the necessary paper work, as described in our Applicants section, it takes approximately 48 hours for us to send out the necessary paper work for you to obtain an F-1 Student Visa.
The fastest and most reliable way to apply is by filling out an application form online. If you are already in New York, you may also stop by the school at any time between the hours of 8:30AM and 6PM Monday through Friday and 12PM to 3PM on Saturday, excluding major holidays.
We accept all forms of payment: Cash, PayPal, Money Orders, Checks, Traveler’s Checks, Wire Transfers, and all major Credit/Debit cards.
An I-20 is a form that is issued to every qualifying international student by the school they plan to attend. If a school does not issue I-20’s, it is not allowed to enroll international students. An F-1 Visa is a visa that all international students are required to have to study in the United States. An F-1 entry visa is granted by a US Consulate office in your home country. However, if you are already in the United States with a different visa (B1/B2-Tourist or J1-Work and Travel), you may obtain your F-1 Student Status without leaving the US.
If you are coming from abroad, yes. As soon as you receive the required paper work from Bell Language School, you should make an appointment at the US Consulate for an interview. Remember that not all applicants receive their visas, so if you would like, we can advise you about the right way to handle an interview. If you are already in the United States and are applying for a change of status, everything will be done by mail and no interview will be required.
You must be actively persuing your education for the duration of your stay in the US. You also have to follow all the rules of the school you are attending as well as all of the US Immigration requirements.
For complete instructions on how to obtain an F-1 Student Visa please click here.
Yes. For complete instructions on how to change your status please click here.
Your tuition, Registration Fee of $100, Processing fee of $150, Mailing fee of $30, USCIS(US Immigration) fee of $290, and a SEVIS fee of $200.
After you complete your program at Bell Language School, you may transfer to a college/univercity or any other school of your choice. We will be glad to assist you with this process upon the completion of your program.
About the school
Yes we are a licensed school and are also a member of NAFSA (National Association of Foreign Student Advisors).
Yes we are authorized to accept non-immigrant F-1 students and issue I-20 Forms.
We are conveniently located in a nice residential neighborhood in Brooklyn, one of the 5 boroughs of New York City, approximately 20 minutes away from Manhattan. The school is very easy to get to and transportation is nearby. The complete address is 1535 McDonald Ave, Brooklyn, New York 11230.
Yes. We offer students the convenience of being picked up at the airport and help them find a comfortable place to stay.
We have placed a lot of students in different colleges around the United States and offer all of our students help in applying to a college or university of their choice.
The school currently has approximately 300 students and the environment here is very friendly because unlike big schools, we can offer close attention to the needs and concerns of every one of our students.
We have students from over 35 different countries and this creates a great international environment for learning and making new friends.
Upon your arrival to Bell Language School, we will give you a Placement test to determine your proficiency. We will then place you in a group according to the test results, but if you feel that you need to go to a different group, you may do so during the first week of class.
Absolutely! We hire fully licenced, proffesional native speakers with an extensive background in teaching not only in the United States, but also in other countries.
Tuition Refund Policy
If the student decides to withdraw, he/she should notify the school administration in writing immediately and get an approval. Refunds (if any) will be considered according to the Tuition Refund Policy.
Withdrawal fee: $300 (non-refundable) *applicable to international students only. The withdrawal fee applies if the student:
- – withdraws, or cancels, or requests an immediate transfer to another school before the program starts after entering the U.S. under Bell’s sponsored I-20
- – withdraws, or cancels, or requests an immediate transfer to another school within the first six weeks of the program start date after entering the U.S. under Bell’s sponsored I-20
- – withdraws, or cancels, or requests an immediate transfer to another school before the program starts after having COS approved under Bell’s sponsored I-20
- – withdraws, or cancels, or requests an immediate transfer to another school within the first six weeks of the program start date after having COS approved under Bell’s sponsored I-20
- 1. All refund requests must be done in writing.
- 2. Refunds will be processed within maximum 45 days from the date of the written request.
- 3. The student is liable for Tuition as of the student’s last week of physical attendance. Tuition liability is divided by the number of terms in the program. Total tuition liability is limited to the term during which the student withdrew completed.
- 4. A student who cancels the enrollment agreement before instruction begins may receive a refund per the tuition refund schedule.
Thereafter, a student will be liable for
- * any applicable non-refundable administrative fees,
- * the cost of any textbooks or supplies accepted
- * tuition liability as of the student’s date of withdrawal.
The tuition refund is determined by the percentage per week of the program attended by the student. One week is equal to approximately 15% of a 6-week session.
If a refund is requested for the remaining sessions paid upfront, the refund is calculated based on the full price per session. Discounts are waived.
No refunds if student’s SEVIS record is terminated due to violation of the school’s, federal, state, or local regulations.
All tuition refunds will be made by the school checks or wire transfers* to the payer.
- Wire transfer fee charged by the bank applies.
Student withdraws during week #__ of the session
Before session start date
- no cell phones, dictionaries, or other electronic devices may be used during the test
- students may not collaborate with one another during the test
- the test is proctored by a school representative