How to apply

(Please, check our Admission Policy before applying.)

  1. Fill out the application form (The information you submit is strictly confidential).
  2. We will send you a confirmation and an invoice by email. 
  3. Make a bank wire transfer or pay via PayPal of the amount of your invoice (all administrative non-refundable fees) to the school account.
  4. Please submit to us copies of your financial support documents (a bank letter or a bank statement) and copies of your travel passport. You can send these copies as scanned images (JPEG format, 200 dpi). (Remember you will have to show the originals of these documents in a US consulate!).
  5. Upon receiving your payment, copies of your passport and financial support, we will mail you an I-20 student form to the address where you are residing.
  6. Now you can apply for your student visa at the U.S. consulate. (Please read the detailed instructions on obtaining your student visa.)
  1. Call us or simply come to the school and consult our foreign student adviser.
  2. Fill out an application form, register for your chosen program, choose your payment plan, pay the tuition (the minimum payment is $590!) and the following expenses:
    • Registration fee $100 (non-refundable)
    • Processing Fee $150 (non-refundable)
    • SEVIS Fee $350 (non-refundable)
    • Mailing fee $30 (non-refundable)
  3. Provide copies of statements of your financial support. You can send as scanned images to, or mail them to the school’s address. These documents are required by US Immigration and Naturalization Service from the school to issue an I-20 form. You can use one of three possible ways of stating your financial support. Please note that in every case your available funds should be approximately $1600 per month of your intended study (for instance, if you intend to study 6 months, your balance should be no less than $12000). You can:
    1. Submit an original statement from your bank account.
    2. if you have an American resident or citizen as your sponsor, have him or her fill out affidavit of support (I-134 form) and submit his or her bank statement.
    3. if you have a sponsor who resides in your country, have your sponsor write a sponsorship letter (in English) and submit his or her bank statement. In the sponsorship letter your sponsor should clearly state that he or she will cover all your tuition, and living and medical expenses.
  4. Write a letter (in English) explaining why you decided to study in the United States.
  5. Submit your current address in the US and your permanent address in your home country.
  6. Fill out and sign an I-539 Form (Application for Change of Non-Immigrant Status). School office will assist you in filling out this form.
  7. Submit a personal check or a money order in the sum of $455 addressed to US Department of Homeland Security. All your submitted documents and I-20 student Form will be sent to Immigration and Naturalization Service. Your approval or denial entirely depends on the specifics of your case, your current status, and INS officer’s decision.

Remember: Your documents must be submitted and received by INS before the expiration date indicated on your I-94 form. *INS is in the process of changing its regulations regarding change of status procedures. Please refer directly to Bell Language School Administration to find out whether you are eligible for change of your non-immigrant status to F-1.

  1. Fill out the transfer form and have your Designated School official sign and send it to Bell Language School either by email.
  2. Confirm with us that we have received it. Call us at 718-998-6060, or email us at
  3. Fill out the application form (The information you submit is strictly confidential).
  4. We will send you an invoice by email. You can request to have it sent by email.
  5. You can make a payment when you come to school, or make a wire transfer of the amount of your invoice (all fees and tuition deposit) to the school account.
  6. Please send scanned images (JPEG format, 200 dpi) of your financial support documents (a bank letter or a bank statement), copies of your travel passport and I-20 forms (Once you come to school, you have to submit the originals of these documents!).
  7. We will inform you when you are scheduled to start your classes. (Please read the detailed instructions on transfering to Bell Language School.)
  1. Fill out the application form (The information you submit is strictly confidential).
  2. Call us at 718-998-6060, or email us at, and schedule your class.
  3. Please bring your photo ID. You can make all the payments at school.

Please, always specify the name of the student you are paying for.

You can make your payment by one of the following:

  1. Send a check or money order payable to Bell Language School to the following address:
    Bell Language School 1535 McDonald Ave Brooklyn, NY 11230 USA
  2. Make a wire transfer from your bank account to the account indicated on your invoice.
    Take your invoice to the bank, the invoice has all the necessary data for the wire transfer, be sure you pay all additional bank fees required to make the transfer. For Bank Wire Transfers no charges should be made to the beneficiary:  Bell Language School

    We will notify you via email as soon as payment has been received.

  3. Pay by using PayPal. You can use your debit card, credit card, or your PayPal account. If you would like to pay using this option, send an email to and inform the school that you will pay through PayPal.

The student application process, including taking the placement test prior to class start date, must be completed before a student may be enrolled.

To be eligible for our programs, students must:

  1. Be at least 17 years of age / High School Diploma.
  2. Fulfill all requirements of their visa status (If applicable).
  3. Have basic English literacy.
  4. Meet the minimum required score on the placement test.*
  5. Provide any government issued document (passport, ID, etc.).
* To be placed in a grammar course, a student’s test score must be at least 0 on the grammar section of the placement test. To be placed in a conversation course, a student’s test score must be at least 10 on the conversation section of the placement test. The student will be enrolled into the level that corresponds to the results of each section of the placement test. If a student’s placement test score does not meet the minimum requirements, the student will be recommended to alternative programs that better suit his/her academic needs. F-1 international students must be enrolled full-time.

To be successfully enrolled in to the class, students must provide all required documents, take a placement test, make a payment and sign a school enrollment agreement prior to the start date. If any of these items is incomplete, the school cannot guarantee a successful enrollment.

For step-by-step application instructions, please visit: